Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Lemonade

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

There are a million clichés and quotes about making the best of a situation. My situation is that I messed up my ankle a week and a half ago. The technical specifications are still TBD, but for now I'm in a walking boot (better than crutches!), and limited to paved terrain.

I signed up for the 365 mile challenge, a Facebook group/new years goal of moving my body under my own power at least 365 miles this year. My original plan was for a few short hikes/walks during the week and to hit longer trails on the weekends, mixing in canoeing and biking as well. No problem!

Well, now I have had to rethink how I'm going to accomplish this goal.

But I have a new plan!

My new plan is to hike at least a mile in every park in the Centre Region. There are 81 all told. I have a spreadsheet and I'm ready to do this!

What to join me for your special park? Let me know and we'll find a time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment